- about us
The Integrating Design for All in Living Labs, or IDeALL, project, financed by the Directorate General of Enterprise and Industry of the European Commission, aimed to bring together the Living Lab community with the design community through Design for All. By doing so, its objective was to compile and develop methodologies which enable small and medium enterprises to understand more about the needs and expectations of clients and users.
The IDeALL web platform, a database of methodologies and best practices in five areas: health, urban, ICT, methods and case study, is now available online!
The design centre and Living Lab Cité du design, based in Saint-Étienne, was responsible for coordinating the project with the following partners from France, Spain, Finland, Slovakia and Latvia:
Among other objectives, this project aimed to:
• Promote interaction between Living Labs, designers and the business sector, to increase competitiveness in Europe.
• Integrate design disciplines into Living Lab guidelines, with the aim of creating a common language and building a joint vision of user-centred innovation.
• Develop new innovation methodologies through cross-disciplinary, cross-sector approaches, which can later be tested and improved through experimentation with businesses and users.
• Demonstrate the added value contributed by user-centred design through experimentation and evaluating results using objective criteria.
• Disseminate examples of best practice among all stakeholders involved in design and raise awareness among policy makers.
IDeALL final event